Saturday, June 14, 2008

and now.....we wait


so, in case you don't know this about me (all 6 of you who read this!), i am not a very patient person. which could prove interesting for this stage of our life: we have just completed our adoption home study and now we get to wait. yep, wait. approximately 6-12 months, give or take. i am also a structured, planner, organizer type person. so we'll see if i can keep my sanity. :) i also know that God has a sense of humor and might decide to bless us w/ a child at the last minute - you know the story: the adoption agency calls and says the hospital has to discharge a baby tomorrow, do you want it? yep, pretty sure that will be us. i'm not worried about it, but i just like to know "what's coming down the pike", so to speak. only time will tell!

in the mean time, if any of you don't know, i am training for a women's sprint triathlon (.5 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k run). crazy, i know, but it will be fun b/c i'm doing it w/some of my bible study gals. but i've also decided to use it as forum to raise funds for our adoption, so if anyone out there wants to sponsor me in this endeavor, that would be even more incentive! just drop me an email or make a pledge in a comment and i'll follow up w/ you. thanks!

so, i'm finally learning how to post pics on my blog....pathetic, i know! anyway, it only took me about a month but i finally created new curtains out of this lovely fabric that i purchased. it's kinda hard to tell in the pic, but the design is actually flowers, but they are very wild, stemmy, herb-like looking flowers. :) i really like it. i'll have to try to take another pic and include both sets of windows if i can. instead, you get the pleasure of seeing phil taking a rest on our couch! hope you are having a great weekend!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Michelle you sound busy!

The triathalon sounds fun! But you should take up golf, it's much simpler! :-)

Liz said...

Nighty night, Phil!
Nice curtains! I'll have to come over and inspect them to make sure that you used to correct thread. :) Don't worry, I'll bring dessert with me when I come for the inspection!

Davene said...

Ah, the waiting! Some friends of ours from church here are in the exact same boat...nothing more they can do, just waiting for the phonecall that will change their lives. I'm sure by the end of all of this, you'll be a much more patient person, right?, since patience is produced by trials and testing!

I'm so impressed that you're doing the triathalon...and also impressed by the curtains. Maybe you could come help with me some for the boys' room? Oh, wait, I guess the commute is a little too far! :)

Aaron said...

Count us in for a donation to the "the new benner addition" fund. Let me know what I need to do!

Peace,
Aaron and Sugar

Anonymous said...

GGGGG!!!! I wonder where the impatience comes from???
Love, Dad :-)

janet l moran said...

we would love to support you Michelle! Email and let me know what to do. I am so excited for you guys.
Hanna and I did that sprint tri a few years back and I loved it, you will have a blast.

Farm-Raised said...

We, too, would love to support you in your fund-raising effort! Can I just say that we feel the pain!!?? :)

Email me when you get a chance!

xo
Leslie